April is National Lawn Care Month. As the weather is slowly warming up, the start of the season is just around the corner. Take time this month to recognize the importance of landscaping and lawn maintenance.
According to the National Association of Landscape Professionals,
- Lawns trap more than 12 million tons of dust and dirt annually. (The Lawn Institute)
- Turfgrass, like that found in our lawns, is much cooler than asphalt or cement, acting as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area (lawns can be 22 degrees cooler than urban asphalt “heat islands”).
- Healthy turfgrass has many miles of fibrous roots that hold soil and filter rainwater. (National Arboretum Grass Roots Project) A single grass plant can have more than 300 miles of roots.
- It is estimated that a 50 by 50 foot lawn (2,500 square feet), releases enough oxygen for a family of four, while absorbing carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and perosyacetyle nitrate.
- Research has found that people find stress relief and healing when interacting with nature or even when just viewing nature on a computer screen or through a window. (Nature Sacred.org)
Stay connected with industry updates, information and company promotions this season by following us on social media. New industry articles posted every Monday!